Hey guys just finished the build on my new custom Mercian. I’m so pleased with how it has turned out. I was worried about the paint scheme initially, but as it came together, the end result has blown me away. Thank you all once again so much for your advice, help and patience throughout this build.
Here is a quick list of the components:
· Frame: Custom built Mercian Vincitore Special “Rachel Porteur” for my beautiful wife.
· Hubs: Beautiful one-of-a kind 90mm flange, star pattern track hubs by Phil Wood (They took A LOT of convincing to make these!).
· Crank set and bottom bracket: Phil Wood track crank
· Rims: Cerchi Ghisallo wooden clinchers with carbon fiber inlay.
· Stem: Re chromed 1972 Titan Luxe 60mm
Handlebar: NOS BELLERI Porteur Handlebars (VERY nervously drilled!!!)
· Brakes: NOS Mavac Inverse levers & Mafac Raid calipers (polished)
· Headset: Chris King threaded 1” 2 nut
· Seat post: NITTO S84
· Saddle: Brooks B67 (frame & rails stripped of black paint and chromed)
· Tires: Gran Bois Cypres
· Head badge: Custom design in sterling silver, handmade by Laura Crawford at Tangerine Tree House (With very kind permission by Mercian Cycles)
· Fenders: Honjo smooth fenders ( painted gloss white by Mercian)
Hope you like it as much as I do.
Thanks and kind regards,